Contraction Surgery

We did some surgery on contractions today!! It was such a cute little activity that I found on Pinterest a few weeks ago, from The First Grade Parade, though I've found it all over the place since then.

I started with cut sentence strips. I wrote down different words that could form contractions: I am, do not, cannot, we will, they are, etc. I found some bright neon band aids at Wal-mart. I had the kids cut out the letters that the apostrophe takes the place of and replace with the band aid. Voila! Word Surgery!

The kiddos had a blast and really got into the work. I wrote "Dr. _______" on their band aids with sharpie, and they loved it.

Here's a pic!

Such a simple activity to complete. I hope this inspires you to do some word surgery in your classroom!!!

Jessica

No comments

Post a Comment