Five For Friday!

Hello all! I'm excited to be joining Doodle Bugs Teaching for the weekly linky party for the first time! It's Five for Friday y'all!


On the computer this week: I have officially been out of school for 1 week today. And you know what? I kinda miss it :/ Already! So this week I have been working on my math curriculum that I am rewriting from scratch because we just can't seem to get it right. We have been using a mashup of Math in Focus, Envision, and Engage NY/Eureka for the past two years and we just don't like it. It's not for our school. The other members of my grade level team are not math peoples so I've taken over the task of creating something for our kiddos.
I love it so far! It's going to be so much fun!

And I've also been helping out a friend design her blog - a new hobby of mine. 
This is what I have so far. I love the owls!



In my life this week: Look what we got here-
Boxes. Yep. I'm moving! I have ADHD when it comes to packing. I started in the living room but didn't finish because I found a book that belonged on the recipe shelf so then I moved to the kitchen but then I found some pins that belonged in my sewing corner so I moved over there and I'm sure you can guess what happened next. So I've got boxes started all over the place. I'll finish sometime I'm sure. Maybe. 

In the kitchen this week: This has been the weather every day. Every. Day. 
Yeah, we haven't been outside much. We did make ice cream in our Mickey Mouse Ice Cream maker! Two different kinds: Chocolate Coconut Milk and Peanut Butter Banana. Both came out GREAT!

Also in the kitchen this week: Red Velvet Cupcakes with filling and buttercream icing. YUM. This recipe is my Grandfather's and it's really the best ever. In the world. Ever. 



Life with the kid this week: Carly Summer got her report card this week! She's officially promoted to 9th grade and I officially have a high schooler in the house. 
You see, but I still think of her like this in first grade: (top row, second from the left)
All those kiddos are now 13 and going on to high school. They were my 3rd year of teaching class. 



Professional work this week: We are working toward our very first blogger meetup at the end of June!
We are meeting up at my fabulous school and we are looking for fabulous companies to help us out with some giveaways and lunch and what not. I'm so excited about this!! Can't wait to meet other bloggers from around the state. Should be very informative and fun!

Well that's it in my life this week. What have you been up to? Have a great Friday!

No comments

Post a Comment