Celebrate Reading Week! A T-Shirt Freebie!

Hi y'all! I hope this Monday was fab for you! Today I posted this pic on Instagram and had some questions so I thought I'd share the template I used!

Since this week is Read Across America week, I made these shirts for my fellow team members in first grade. 

It was so simple and took about 1 hour of my life to design and make all 4. Add in an additional 20 minutes for shopping for the supplies and this was the quickest project I've done in awhile11


First, I bought this
Avery Dark Fabric Transfers
Found it in the crafts section near the fabric. I also know it can be found near the office supplies with the labels.

I got this pack of 5 sheets for about $10 at my local Walmart. You can find it HERE on Amazon for $8.99. 

Then I headed over to the men's department at Walmart (because the women's shirts are too fitted!) and searched for some red short sleeve tees. Bought 4 Fruit of the Loom tees for a STEAL at $4.72 each. 
Red Short Sleeve T-Shirt
Then I just designed the pic in PowerPoint. There is this new awesome feature in PPT 2016 called Draw. It means you can draw. 

On the slides. 

Directly. 

Yeah-free form and all that jazz. I'm really excited for it!! 

Draw in PowerPoint
This was done just using my finger-yeah, my last name got a little sloppy but I was so excited!!

From there I just printed out the designs onto the Avery transfers-BEST THING ABOUT THE DARK FABRIC TRANSFERS-------

You do not need to flip the image before printing!! 

Just print. Trim. Peel the backing. Lay on shirt, top with the included tissue paper. Iron on the shirt. 

Presto-manifesto, you've got a simple homemade Seuss inspired shirt for the birthday celebrations Wednesday!



Sound like something you would like to do? 

Click {HERE} for the template designs. I've made slides for Teachers 1-10. 
Teacher 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ,7 8, 9, 10

Thanks for reading! 

No comments

Post a Comment